The "Cold Hard Truth About Reliable Software - Version 6", 2012,
Table of Contents
This document contains the latest results of our predictive modeling research and
development. It includes:
Hundreds of characteristics that have been correlated to actual fielded
defects in 90 real companies developing real software for real systems.
- The characteristics that correlated the strongest to fielded defects.
- The characteristics that had the most impact in terms of magnitude on fielded software
- How each of the characteristics correlated to the other characteristics.
- The relative cost to implement each characteristic.
- The relative calendar time to implement each characteristic.
- The model that evolved for predicting software defects and probability of being late.
- Average defect density by SEI CMMi
- Average defect density by application type, industry type and risk type
- Average defect density by year of development completion
The 3%, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90% and 97% groups that resulted from the modeling
effort. The practices employed by each percentile group, their average fielded
defects and how much each percentile group spent relatively on software engineering.
The actual results of the 62 companies for each of the survey questions.
|This requires Adobe Acrobat PDF viewer.
Order online now